Guidelines for submitting an ad to Flagpole Magazine Classifieds
Your Content and Your Conduct
- By posting, transmitting, or otherwise making any content available on Flagpole Magazine Classifieds, you warrant that you have the legal right to do so. Flagpole Magazine reserves the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion for any reason to edit or remove any classified ad or other Content without prior warning, notice or compensation to you.
- You agree not to post, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is illegal, obscene, indecent, harmful to minors, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or infringes on another's proprietary rights, including copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secrets, or patents.
You do not have the legal right to post anything that:
- is threatening, abusive, harassing or degrading to any person;
- discriminates on the grounds of race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation;
- is false, deceptive or misleading or contains misleading subject line, header or routing information designed to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the site;
- impersonates any person or entity, other than lawful, non-deceptive parodies of public figures;
- contains personally identifying information about another person, without that person's consent;
- advertises any products or services that are illegal or restricted by sale by applicable law, including prohibited or restricted under Georgia law;
- contains any computer virus, spyware, adware or any harmful computer code designed to delay, interrupt or affect the performance of any computer system;
- contains any link to commercial services;
- In addition, you agree not to: (1) contact any person who has asked not to be contacted, stalk or harass anyone; (2) collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes; (3) use automated tools to collect data or to access the site; (4) use the service or site to post or transmit any spam, scam or unsolicited commercial materials.
- All job ads (besides Internships) must offer monetary compensation. No barters, deferred pay, etc.
- Unpaid Internship positions can be submitted for the Internship subcategory only.
- Job posters are responsible for compliance with applicable local, state, and federal employment law, including discrimination law.
- Flagpole Magazine does not accept job posts regarding positions requiring upfront fees.
- All housing advertised on the Flagpole Magazine Classifieds must be made available on an equal opportunity basis. Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act), as amended, prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents of legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18), and handicap (disability). The Flagpole Magazine Classifieds will not knowingly accept any advertisement that is in violation of the Fair Housing Act or any applicable law. To complain of housing discrimination, call the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at 1-800-669-9777, or for the hearing impaired, at 1-800-927-9275. For more information, visit HUD's website at www.hud.gov.
- You can be fined more than $10,000 for each discriminatory ad, plus damages in court, plus loss of license if you are a professional.
- Avoid phrases which could be interpreted as discriminating by race/color/origin (e.g., 'hispanic area'), religion (e.g., 'christian home'), age/ familial status (e.g., 'no kids'), disability, or sexual orientation.
See the Fair Housing Act http://www.gceo.state.ga.us/gfhl.htm
Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on www.flagpole.com:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers.
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Burglary tools, including but not limited to lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys.
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, bootlegs (without consent of the band).
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information.